The Outreach Team is responsible for facilitating the wider mission of our church. This is accomplished in two different ways. Annually, our congregation includes in their church pledge an amount designated to be applied to our church’s wider mission work. The majority of this pledge is thoughtfully distributed to charities and agencies serving our community, our nation and the world. This is annually the responsibility of the Outreach Team members and approved at the church’s Annual meeting by the congregation. The remainder of the annual wider mission pledge is considered support or seed money for outreach work within the church community.
Beyond being entrusted with selecting and distributing pledges to nonprofit organizations outside the church walls, the Outreach Team explores opportunities for hands-on experiences for the congregation to be tangibly involved through their time and talents. Often these are learning experiences, helping to sensitize us to the misfortune of others.
Please follow our current endeavors by viewing posts in News and Events.
Below are listed some of the organizations we financially support over time:
- Attleboro Area Interfaith Collaborative
- Attleboro CVNA Hospice Program
- Old Colony Habitat for Humanity
- City Mission Society
- Habitat For Humanity
- Fisher House
- Opportunities For Communities
- American Red Cross
- New England Center & Homes for Veterans
- Doctors Without Borders
- Mercy Ship
- Daisy Dube Children’s Home
Direct Outreach Team activity with congregational support:
- Worcester Fellowship Church on the Common: bag lunch preparation and delivery
- Prison Book Program in Quincy: picking books and packaging
- Annual Thanksgiving InGathering: month long collection for distribution
- AAIC Food and Friends: meal preparation and delivery
- Heifer Project: Lenten Coin Collection for animal purchase
- Sunday School Mission Sundays: working with Sunday School on local projects
- Homeless Awareness Weekend: Helping hands and Outreach Project